Thursday, February 09, 2006

Slow slow painful photo uploading......

(use your imagination here.......photos wouldn't upload. Green pants, black shirt and distressed facial expression masked by fake smile. )

Malaria threat: This picture was taken moments after my first mosquito bite. I have accepted the fact that a complete blood transfusion after every bite is unrealistic. Instead I'll have to start using insect repellent. I have the anti-malaria pills, but the side effects are nasty; hallucinations (no problem), bad dreams (no thanks) and loss of vision (it's already tough enough getting around, let alone being blind!). There aren't too many bugs at all, so I am not all that worried. The first bite was just dramatic!

(use your imagination again......think sweet old lady with pretty colorful saree, hills in the background)

One of my first friends in Udaipur. A sweet old lady guarding the Amer Fort. Many people have asked me if I am on a spiritual journey or in search of my "guru". No, just really really bored at work and I love to travel. I am lucky enough that my "guru", Dharma Mittra, within walking distance of my house on 23rd and 3rd.

Happy 30th Amy! Sorry I am not there to celebrate, but "rock" on. Rishikesh is great! The Beatles were here in the late 60's for a few months and were inspired to right most of the songs on the White Album. I completely see where they got their inspiration; the town is really chill, mountains beautiful and it's considered the Yoga Capital of the World! I met some really cool people yesterday (two of them are real Canadians) and ended up hanging out till 2 in the morning (my latest night yet). We rented bikes and are cycling to the waterfalls this afternoon. I am still on the Ganges and haven't taken a dip, but my friends went in a few days ago. We might all go again in a few days under the full moon (moon-chandra in Urdu/Hindi). My vocab is increasing exponentially. My dad wants me to take some language classes. There is a very famous school not too far from here and I might check it out (great resume builder!)

I am too impatient to upload any more pictures and it's peak sun time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're having fun, being awesome, spreading the Camp Cool domination.

We missed you at home this weekend, where the weather gods decided to dump 28 inches of snow on NYC.

I was in town for more meetings and managed to open, and close, Flats. Danko baby-say Wheeler as he entertained us all with shirts-off snow angels.

Pretty standard really...

16:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home