Sun, Sea, Yoga, Mountains & More

This will be my grandest technological undertaking to date. While I'm gone, I'll try upload pictures and keep everyone updated as to my whereabouts...... I can't promise too much!

About Me

Name: Alia Haider
Location: New York, New York, United States

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Dear Prudence......
  • East Village or India?
  • Hiking around Rishikesh
  • Parmath Niketan, the yoga ashram in Rishikesh.
  • No we weren't in Varanasi
  • Madonna at Coachella?

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Maha Shivratri

I took this photo a while ago. It was the night before Maha Shivaratri, yet another Hindu Festival. People travelled from afar to visit the Shiva temple in Rishikesh. The ceremonies take place chiefly at night and involves mostly men chanting and getting really really stoned. It's a pretty long walk to the temple, so a lot of people camped out on the streets. The "no parking" sign was posted in a pedestrian only area. Classic! I guess they misplaced the "no sleeping" sign.

posted by Alia Haider @ 3:44 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home