No we weren't in Varanasi

No worries, I am safe and sound. I was attending the International Yoga Festival in Rishikesh at the time of the bombings. Varanasi is very popular tourist spot, a point that the media did not really convey. I had planned on meeting a few friends there, but like all my plans, things are up in the air. It is sad to see that immediately people were blaming Pakistan. Enough of that....on a brighter note, the picture below is of my two beautiful friends Katarina, Yasmine and I and was taken during the closing ceremony of the festival. They gave all the women who wanted sarees a quick lesson on how to wear them and sent us off. We had a blast. There were over 300 attendees from 28 countries, all religions and the oldest guy was a 101 year old Saint!!! I met so many amazing people. It was pure bliss. Sadly I am leaving Rishikesh in a week or so and heading North to Dharamsala, a Tibetan community where the Dalai Lama resides. I have met so many wonderful people here and Rishikesh really feels like home! I know I will be back soon. One of the yoga teachers asked me to come back in August and help her lead a workshop for a month. I was honored and have three weeks to decide what to do. We'll see...... I'll give more updates later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home